Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Story Behind this Picture


One of the Little Rebbetzin’s favorite stories is the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit. I read these to her, in character, similar to the B.B.C.’s radio productions. She enjoys acting out the story. After accessorizing we usually have the following conversation.

L.R.: Do you know who I am?

Me: (the Little Rebbetzin’s actual name)??

L.R.: No! I’m Pippin. You be everybody else.

Me: I don’t want to be...everybody.

L.R.: (sulkily) O.K., then you be all the orcs.

Me: O.K.

This is followed by about 30 minutes of my being stabbed, slashed, and poked by the L.R.’s sword.

Recently she has been listening to a series of story tapes about the Tzaddikim. These are really well done. There is also a certain similarity in plot line.

Lord of the Rings is a story about a small group of good individuals who, through great faith and perseverance, manage to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and vanquish the forces of evil that oppose them.

Tales of the Tzaddikim are stories about a small group of righteous Jews who, through great faith in Hashem, manage to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and vanquish the gentiles that oppose them.

Naturally they can be combined.

L.R.: Daddy can I put on your hat?

Me: Yes you may.

Some time later. See photo.

L.R.: Guess who I am!

Me: Legolas???

L.R.: No! I’m the good Rebbe from the Shire. You be the evil christian orcs.

Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home