Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Oh You Mean Your Drainpipe!" -a quote from the little rebbetzin

The Little Rebbetzin

So, I was a little nervous about reaching parsha Lech Lecha again since last year while reviewing the parsha with the little rebbetzin, who was then four years old, I was asked the meaning of the word circumcised, and had to try to explain it. Since the final chapter of the parsha repeats that word about 30 times I didn't think it would slip by no matter how fast I tried to read through that section. Well, we read all the way through to the end and I was just getting ready to congratulate myself when I heard the dreaded words, "Daddy what is circumcision?" I tried, "Don't you remember from when I explained it last year?" No, she didn't. So I bumbled my way through the explanation about the cutting and removing the skin over the end and remembering we had just watched Ushpizin used that as a reference:
Me: "Remember at the end of the movie when they were all dancing in the shul with the little baby?"
LR: "Yes, I do"
Me: "Well that little boy had just been circumcised."
LR: "And they were all happy that he was finally able to pee!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home